Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It can be a bit fiddly to setup as it doesn't hold the weight of the DS125 on the surface. The triple clamp is good for the slave sensor but again a bit fiddly to setup when trying to get three ball joints into it at the same time. Once setup the arm is fantastic underwater - very flexible and easy to use. You can virtually set the strobe to any angle. No problems with stiffness underwater either.

After a bit of fiddling I found that you can also 'fold' the arms and 'park' the strobe on the surface and for easy handing in and out of the water.

I didn't find it too bulky either. I like the fact that you can configure it to what ever size you want. Mine is a ULCS handle + 5" segment + 3" segment + 2 x dual clamps + 1 x triple clamp + DS125 mount + slave sensor mount - all bolted down to the sea and sea tray.

I like the arms Dee uses too - very flexible and easy single-hand operation.

Really a wealth of information! Thanks you guys soo much! Its can be a bit difficult to make these first choices. There are a lot of options but impossible to try these yourself and there are not any places to really even go and look the the different setups to get a feel for it............. So you folks have brought me to the rodeo now all I have to do is ride the bull!! Thanks again for taking the time out. I will make up my mind this week and give you guys the up date. If anything comes to mind you forgot please let me know....otherwise I will talk to you soon

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom