Strobe Oring and gasket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DC 800 with the Digital Pro Flash. I was doing my first O Ring clean on the strobe. I have to admit when I opened the door I didn't expect to see a "gasket". After cleaning the O Ring and Gasket I had some confusion and difficulty putting the gasket back in place. As i understand the Manual the groove on he gasket seat against the door. Okay, clear enough. Howeveer at two locations, where the door hinge is located and the door clasp (180 degrees from the hinge) the gasket does not easily get into the proper location and has to be pushed into place. My concern is when I close he door and secure the clamp I can see the gasket around the door periphery. Of a larger concern is in addition to seeing the gasket the gasket is loose. When I run my thumb around the periphery of the door along the gasket the gasket "pooches out" and tiny bit. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Any help is appreciated.

DiveLvr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom