Strobe interference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am about to buy an Aquapix 3.1 with the DX strobe. It has the fiber optic sync cable but could it interfere with the signal from my Vytec hoseless computer? Just wondering.........

Boydski's right....you'll have no problems.

Its not the sync cord that causes the problem. Its the capacitor discharge when the strobe fires. My Uwatec looses pressure data when the strobe is on. It depends on the separation between the wrist unit & the strobe. Since I like to attach my computer to the camera rig its a problem. Computer on my wrist works fine. I'm using S&S YS90DXs.

Oceanic Data Trans computers don’t like Nikonos strobes you lose data for 10-25 seconds some times then its back. It’s nothing to panic about all the proper data comes back. As said above it’s the electronics of strobe firing and the rapid discharge of the capacitor that cause a pulse. Sort of like a thermal nuclear explosion’s pulse but on a smaller scale.

Its doesn’t happen with all computers nor with all strobes. My Ikelite and Inon strobes don’t cause any problems with my Vytec.

Back
Top Bottom