Strobe for G9 with Canon housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smfcpacfp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just ordered a G9 with the Canon housing (WP-DC21 ). I was wondering what strobe you might recommend, if any in addition to the one that comes built into the camera.

I purchased a Sea&Sea YS-110 strobe for the same set up you have. I've only used it in the pool and won't be able to use it on real dives for 2 more weeks. It seems like it's going to be an excellent choice.

I am also using the Sea & Sea YS-110 with a G9, but with an Ikelite housing. So far, I have no complaints, the strobe works well with the camera.

I have also used the YS-110 with a Canon S70 with a Canon housing, and the YS-110 also worked well with that set up.

I think I will get that strobe.

So I have the camera and housing, and I get the strobe, what do I use to connect the strobe to the housing (both a an electrical cable and an arm)?

I am a novice so have mercy on me.

I have the G9 & canon housing.
I have the Inon D2000 strobe. Works very well. Easy to use,is small,light.Also has a focus light.
You need an Fiber optic cable to attached to the outside of the housing to trigger the flash. Normally Inon make these, however there does not seem to be one for the G9.
I bought the 10 bar fiber optic cable. This uses a velco sticker.
You will also need a base plate and some arms.

If you go with the Sea and Sea strobe you will need a fiber optic cable and a strobe mask set. Both are available from Sea and Sea.

There are many ways you can go for a tray and arm.

I would suggest contacting Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros. They helped me with a strobe arm to connect the YS-110 to an Ikelite housing. Tell them what you have, what you want to do, and they'll give you your options. They gentleman that helped me was informative and very, very patient.

Back
Top Bottom