strobe arm questions (ULCS or nothing?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the sea & sea rdx-550 and the compact dome port: Sea & Sea Pro Underwater Housings -

The RD-X is a different material and probably more positive than my MD-X, which is machined aluminum and weighs a ton. When I use the std. port with 60mm, the housing is very negative, to the point that I sometimes get shoulder cramps after a full day of diving it. OTOH, when I put the 8" fisheye dome on with the 10-17, it is so positive that the dome flips upward if I let go and I wear 2lbs. of extra weight to keep from floating off of my safety stop. Best thing is put the whole rig together, float it in the tub or pool and adjust the buoyancy characteristics for each set-up. Right now, I'm looking into tape-a-weights (wheel weights for cars and motorcycles) to put on the dome shade to make the rig neutral underwater. I might try a PVC pipe float between my strobe arms for the macro port as well as I get tired of lifting weights underwater. I can't comment on various ball end strobe arms, as I've only used them on an adapter for the strobe end of my loc-line strobe arms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom