strobe arm/base ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good evening. I recently purchased a TG-6 (love it) and am wanting to go with a minimal setup for traveling. Im looking at the Inon S-2000 or the Backscatter mini flash for strobes (x2 regardless of brand.)
I was shocked when I saw the pricing of the bases and arms. Ive researched backscatter, Bluewater, and Mozaik. Does anyone have any suggestions for base/arm setup that won't break the bank? From what I understand, separate arm setup is better than locline, but locline seems to be better price wise. Looking for any input that can help at this point! I came from a Sealife DC1400 with one strobe that I cradled in my arms, with the locline type arm folding the strobe into the camera.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Good evening. I recently purchased a TG-6 (love it) and am wanting to go with a minimal setup for traveling. Im looking at the Inon S-2000 or the Backscatter mini flash for strobes (x2 regardless of brand.)
I was shocked when I saw the pricing of the bases and arms. Ive researched backscatter, Bluewater, and Mozaik. Does anyone have any suggestions for base/arm setup that won't break the bank? From what I understand, separate arm setup is better than locline, but locline seems to be better price wise. Looking for any input that can help at this point! I came from a Sealife DC1400 with one strobe that I cradled in my arms, with the locline type arm folding the strobe into the camera.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

try eBay . i know it comes from china but i have had good luck ordering from china . you will save a lot . good luck

I have tried a bunch of eBay and aliexpress arms and clamps. Most are complete crap, they don't hold well. Bite the bullet and get some good arms from ULCS; they will last longer than you. Many of mine are at least 20 years old and like new.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom