Strategy for All Day diving with Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
Wondering what my fellow photographers do when making multi dives in a single day with only occaisonal (if any) stop at the hotel? Traveling diver.

Do you keep housing sealed until diving is done? What to do if you want to change lenses from dive to dive say going from macro objective to wide angle shots? Ports will have to be changed.

In general I cringe on opening housing in the field. Once I have vacum tested the housing in the hotel room, I prefer not to open the housing. Perhaps my concern comes from when I had the Ikelite four lock ports and now have the direct lock system.

Thank you for your advice.

I change lenses often on a boat or at the beach. I keep my vacuum pump in my camera bag to make sure the housing is sealed before getting back in the water.

I change lenses often on a boat or at the beach. I keep my vacuum pump in my camera bag to make sure the housing is sealed before getting back in the water.
Thank you for your post.
How long do you check the let the vacuum be before satisfied?

One second. I have this vacuum system.
bs-alm_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom