Strap on the back top of the Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This spring I purchased an Express Tech and found that I missed the "Carry Strap" "Tank Retainer Strap" that is on the top back of my Ranger. Its about 2' long is about 1" wide nylon tubing with a 5" piece plastic tubing or something in side the nylon tubing to act as a round handle.

I would like to get another one so that I can have one on each of my BC's.

Does any one know if this piece is available from Zeagle, what the part no. is and about how much it costs?

Thanks for any information.

scottzeagle,
i have a ranger ltd.
i hang the carry handle on the first stage while diving.
do y'all carry a carry handle that is longer so i can mount my bc lower on the tank?
thank you in advance,

About that strap! I looked in the manual on the zena. It did not mention the position for the strap. Does that strap go out the back and hook over the first stage or through the inside and up to hook on the first stage. Does it even suppose to hook to the first stage? If it goes from the outside, it "squishes" the bladder against the tank and it lookes like it would put a lot of stress on the bladder. If it comes up through the inside the bladder really wings out away from the bc.

The strap goes thru the top section of vertical webs that hold the top tank strap in place and then up on the back side of the bladder. It does not interfere with the bladder in this position and can be hooked over the tank valve before the first stage is installed.

Saw a case where one of those straps really helped. A DM helping with a class had his tank slip out of the SINGLE tank strap and was hanging by the handle/retainer strap around the tank valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom