Strap for a wet lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natali

Registered
Reaction score
I got a new Dyron fisheye lens and am worried that I may loose it underwater when attaching/switching to another lens. Is there such thing as a lens strap? And if yes - do you make it yourself? Adjust some other strap? Any tips on it not getting in the picture? Any advise will be appreciated.

You can take a black zip tie and a piece of 1/16 inch bungee or nylon cord of appropriate length, put it under the zip tie around the lens barrel and put a knot in the end and burn the knot closed, tie the other end to your tray or housing or clip it.

I lost my Inon UFL165AD off WPB for three days and another group of divers with the same operator found and returned my lens to me, unharmed!!!!!!!!!! Yep, it came off in a rough entry! Actually, I think the operator purposely put a group of divers on the spot to try and find it (drift diving so hard to pinpoint the exact spot), anyways, they found my lens and gave it back to me.

N

Nemrod's story inspired me to make a leash for my UFL165AD.

It's a fat zip tie inside heat shrink tubing then tethered to a braided cord.

Whole thing would have looked slicker with black cord and black zip-tie

5082581487_c0932b26d7_z.jpg

5082581823_32e2e8df85_z.jpg

In the past, remember seeing people glueing larger(60lb+) fishing line onto different lenses----but don't know if it worked---ie effectively....lol

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom