Strange Water Disturbance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irie1029

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last week we were on a boat on a Northern Ontario Lake which is large. It was a clear non windy 70 degree day at 3 in the afternoon. Beer/Booze/Pot was not a factor. What the 4 of us saw was a counter clockwise rotation on the water at shore about 5 feet in diameter and fast enough it was causing spray to lift out of the water and little white caps almost like baitfish being chased by blues in an extremely tight circle. It slowly moved away form shore slightly expanding in diameter as it moved. The two women were panicked as it was WIERD. I guess it was like a dust devil on water. after 10 minutes it expanded and slowed to about 200' in diameter before completely becoming undistinguishable.... My buddy who has piloted many a boat on great lakes and such never saw anything like it. Anyone ever see this before?

I used to be a lifeguard on Ontario and I saw a couple of waterspouts during some t-storms... could have been that or Champ on a vacation

Champ with whirling disease! Sounds like a tiny waterspout.

It was too shallow at shore for a scooter.. also mostly deserted lake... I doubt with a partly cloudy and calm sky it could be a waterspout. Started too shallow for a champ wise guys. Seriously too consistant of a shape and direction for baitfish which I thought at first.

http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu/ams/NESCOralAbstracts.html

After analyzing the data from the above link concerning the Northeastern Storm Conference Oral Abstract and absorbing everything concerning counterclockwise anomolies associated with conflicting currents and wind patterns it is my professional opinion it was aliens.

:rofl3:

-Dan

(hey what happned to all my profile data...LOL)

Back
Top Bottom