Strange Tsunami nightmare last night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Don't ask me why I always dream about natural disaters but what a strange one I had last night.

I was on the beach in Westerly Rhode Island and suddenly if you looked out in the sea all you could was sand from were we were at Misquamicut beach to the Long Island Sound eastward (20+ miles). People wanted to walk to the sound. It was as if the ocean completely disappeared. Then I yelled a tsunami must be on the way and we started running up the road leading into Misquamicut and then suddenly a large well formed wave started coming in and up the road to were we were. The dream then ended.

I have to say "lucky it was a dream" but have always feared a large wave someday on the east coast. Not to mention much of Misqaumicut R.I. was washed away in 1938 by a tidal wave from a storm surge.

http://www.geocities.com/hurricanene/hurr1938.htm

ScubaSarus:
I have to say "lucky it was a dream" but have always feared a large wave someday on the east coast. Not to mention much of Misqaumicut R.I. was washed away in 1938 by a tidal wave from a storm surge.

http://www.geocities.com/hurricanene/hurr1938.htm

when Palma Island in the Canaries blows it top like they are saying it will (not if, just a case of when), then you can kiss good bye to the whole of the east coast and every Caribbean island, because they reckon it will be a mega tsunami, wave over 100m!

just to add to your nightmare :)

I figure that a big event may be most likely in an area were the events are extremely rare. Just a theory or thought.

But yea. Just when I'm out in the water buggie-boarding and waiting impatiently for a good wave ..........woooosh

clive francis:
when Palma Island in the Canaries blows it top like they are saying it will (not if, just a case of when), then you can kiss good bye to the whole of the east coast and every Caribbean island, because they reckon it will be a mega tsunami, wave over 100m!

just to add to your nightmare :)

Yeah, I've seen that on NG few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom