Story about Underwater Camera Pros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used these guys for the INON. No hassle, no BS, very helpful and knowledgeable. Got here before they said it would. Also bought the ULS base/arm and optic cable. Best experience I have had with mail order:

Tom Harman
Marine Camera Distributors
11717 Sorrento Valley Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
1-858-481-0604
1-858-481-6499 fax

KidK9:
So I'm in desperate need last week to acquire the Inon D-180 strobe with a tray and arm before I head to Crystal River, Ginnie Springs, and Devil's Den over the Memorial Day weekend. I ask advice on this board. Told to talk to Yuzo or UWCP. I first try Yuzo, but he is out of the D-180 until the 25th of May - not gonna cut it. So I call Ryan at UWCP.

I actually tried to put the D180 with some cheaper equipment to "make it work"...he is so knowledgeable (and convincing), that I go with his D180 package which includes the D180, and ULCS arm and tray. I call on Wednesday of last week. He says, shipping is free unless you bump it up to be speedier. I say yeah, I'd like to have it soon, so bump it up one level. He says, ok 2 day mail, thats an extra $10 is that ok? Sure not a prob. He says - what is the absolute last day you must have this, I say - Wednesday before Memorial Day weekend. He says - shouldn't be a problem.

Wednesday comes....it's not here. I call Ryan and ask for my tracking numbers. He says - uh, your package is sitting right here in my room boxed up, but hasn't gone to shipping yet. I give a snort, and he says - when do you need it by. I say, Ryan, I leave Thursday at 4pm for Florida, my whole intention of ordering this setup was for the weekend.

He says, yeah, the credit verification service we use, isn't the greatest and gave us problems, so we finally got your shipping address verified. He says - I'll get you the gear, and I won't charge you shipping. I say, ok, we'll see.

Next day, on my doorstep by noon.

Bottom line - who offers customer service like this??? NO ONE. THIS WAS THE MOST PHENOMENAL SERVICE I HAVE SEEN OUT OF A MAIL ORDER SERVICE. So much so, when I hit Tennessee on the drive, I called to tell him so. More people should be like this.

Order from Ryan and UWCP.
-KidK9

Ok, so I've now re-routed my opinion due to convincing of this board. I guess you guys are right, this wasn't the best service. Maybe I just held them in good service since I was just so darn relieved to get my gear. You guys are right, this service was not up to par and only was "minimally acceptable" b/c he attempted to correct a problem in the heat of an emergency. But none-the-less, I couldn't order from Yuzo, b/c he didn't have the stuff I needed at the time. So, at least I got the stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom