Store Location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjf123

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm curious what kind of location everyone has their store in. Is it freestanding, in a strip mall, a shopping mall, open air retail center, etc? We're in a freestanding, 75 year old house that's been zoned retail, and is on a major four lane road.

We are also on an major road, but in a modified strip mall. It is quite entertaining for us. We got a headshop on one side, and day labor place on the other.

Upscale strip/retail center...I have a Marble Slab on one side and an Edible Arrangements on the other so we get lots of walk in traffic. Doesn't hurt we are in a new center on a corner with lots of traffic :D

Previous location was on a frontage road in a strip center, although it was new it had bad access to us from the main road and blocked by an overpass on one side and woods on the other.

The phrase "location, location, location" certainly helps, lol!

located on Central Ave;Yonkers NY..free standing on a main street.No foot traffic on street,plenty of parking.Indoor heated pool on site.
Very true about location;location;location..

Last edited:
We are located on Main Street in the heart of downtown Bocas del Toro. We have a freestanding building and have a snorkel tour company on one side (and we get all of their requests for diving), and a water taxi company on the other (which discharges dozens of tourists onto Main Street daily). We've only been here four months but we are very pleased because we get significantly more foot traffic than our two competitors in town.

Upscale strip/retail center...I have a Marble Slab on one side and an Edible Arrangements on the other so we get lots of walk in traffic. Doesn't hurt we are in a new center on a corner with lots of traffic :D

Previous location was on a frontage road in a strip center, although it was new it had bad access to us from the main road and blocked by an overpass on one side and woods on the other.

The phrase "location, location, location" certainly helps, lol!
We've got a new retail center that's going in a mile or so from where we are that would be a perfect spot for us. The only problem is they want $30.00 per square foot for rent. That's a little steep. I agree with location, location, location, but you've got to be able to afford it!

We are in a freestanding building one block up from the main street in town, but visible from the main street. When we moved to this location, dedicated parking right out front was one of the deciding factors.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom