Stopover in Dubai - Time to see the city???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emirates airline are the top dogs, I fly them 99% of the time.

Yes as mjrob mentioned if you are transiting and flying first or business you do get free accommodation and transport to a from the airport.

The lounges at the airport are excellent too, I practically live in them at times.

Enjoy your tour if you make it :)

Business and First class get hotel voucher if the layover is 6-24 hours. Economy gets it for layovers 8-24. Flying Economy = More dive trips and an earlier retirement. :)

Now that would be an offer you couldn't refuse!!! Have fun!!
We will actually have long layovers in Dubai both ways. On the way there, we'll land at 7pm and the next flight is at 4:35am. Depending on how tired we are, we may or may not leave the airport. On the way home, we'll land in Dubai about 2pm and fly out the next morning at 9:30. We'll never go to Dubai on purpose as we aren't into the "concrete and glass", traffic and crowds so a quick tour will be plenty for us.

I've discovered that Emirates will give you a voucher for a free hotel if you have a long layover - more than 8 hours but less than 24 - if there isn't an earlier flight option. Quite the perk if it really works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom