Stop Me...Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone remember the Mel Brooks movie Young Frankenstein? The part where Dr. Frankenstein, before going into the the room with the Monster, tells Inga "No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for. Do you understand? Do not open this door."

Inga says "Yes, Doctor", then he goes in the room and closes the door. Suddenly the Monster wakes up, and Dr. Frankenstein immediately changes his mind.

"Let me out. Let me out of here. Get me the hell out of here. What's the matter with you people? I was joking! Don't you know a joke when you hear one? Get me out of here! Open this g***amn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in!"

That's how I feel about getting an underwater camera. I told my fiance the other day "No matter how much I beg, DO NOT allow me to buy an underwater camera". Ever since I've been telling her I was joking :D

It's too soon (I only have 26 dives), and way too expensive. So please, folks, if you see me posting in this UW Photography Forum, kick me out, deride me, call me names, whatever.

Thanks....

To borrow a phrase, "Nobody can TAKE just one".

It's addicting....good luck! you should maybe start going to a scubaphoto annonymous program!

I also am a new diver and bought a camera recently to be able to "revisit" my dives. Unfortunately - I think it was one of my best purchases ever. Instead of trying to remember or talk about my dives I can show pics! Its pretty cool!

Love "Young Frankenstein"! One of my favorites.

Anytime I don't take my camera on a dive, I'm always kicking myself. I would be the first member of scubaphoto-aholics anonymous. <G>

astrl

I came into diving already active in photography. It didn't take long to feel comfortable with buoyance, etc before I started diving with a camera. Lucky for me I did it the smart way. I rented a Nikonos with a 15mm lens and a strobe. The photos from that first roll of film are still some of my favorites.

Go on. Just get one. You know you'll love it :grip_n_ri . I too don't have a lot of dives under my belt but I decided to go ahead and get one anyway. I got tired of trying to describe what I saw to others. I also got tired of those who doubted what I told them. I just love the look on their faces (and the envy, of course :eyebrow: ) when I show them my pictures and I'm just a beginner. Wait till I get a little bit better :eyebrow: . Yes, it is expensive but next to learning how to dive, I consider it one of my best thing I ever spent money on (well....there was this one time in vegas :wink: ).

midwestdvr

Ma compratela questa camera!!!!!!!!!!
Go ahead!!!
Buy it and you will enjoy it. Buoyancy will come even quicker as you have to be stand still if you want to take nice UW pictures.
I will not stop you…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom