Stolen Uw Cameras And Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The solution to this problem is beyond our control.
I think the theft problem will only increase and something will eventually have to be done about it. Something more than the stupid TSA approved locks.
I don't travel that much but when I do I lock my bags. If they need to get into the bag they can cut the lock off. Then they can tell me just what was inside the bag that raised their suspicions and prompted them to do that.
I think that is a bit more of a deterrent than leaving the bag unlocked.

Gilligan:
The solution to this problem is beyond our control.
I think the theft problem will only increase and something will eventually have to be done about it. Something more than the stupid TSA approved locks.
I don't travel that much but when I do I lock my bags. If they need to get into the bag they can cut the lock off. Then they can tell me just what was inside the bag that raised their suspicions and prompted them to do that.
I think that is a bit more of a deterrent than leaving the bag unlocked.

This is so unfortunate. In a way, the 9/11 incident seems to have opened up more security worm cans than they might have anticipated. Now common folk get screwed in other ways - not terrorism, but mere theft as a direct result from "increased security and safety"

Sorry to hear about your loss - as you say camera's can be replaced, but work and trust can't.

Now I don't feel so bad about living in Africa - at least we can still lock our bags....

Gilligan I don't think the solution is beyond our control. At SOME airports in the US you have to take your bags to TSA yourself and I have watched them go through the bags and reseal them, I don't mind doing this and would go to the airport earlier to have this done. Also in this case I think it would be a very good idea if everyone on SB e mailed AA and protested there attitude. No it will not affect the outcome of this case but if enough people complaine it will make them take a look at measures to stop it in the future. Remember the case with DAN and the lost camera?, when they started getting e mails from a lot of board members they paid on it.
I will also be sending a e mail to the Bahama tourist board and let them know if this is the way they deal with things there are a lot of other destinations to go and dive.
I think if we just sit back and waite for the powers to be to do things then it will be a long time coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom