Stockton, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

I have logged 13 dives so far at Stockton Lake, and was wondering if there were any other divers that frequent Stockton? Will be diving there the next two days and having a great time doing it!

Thanks,

Dark Wolf

Pretty poor yesterday due to all the rain, I would say about 10 ft. until you get down 20-30 ft. Then it opens up a bit, maybe 15 ft. or so. Have seen 20-30 quite a few times, just depends.
Weather affects the vis pretty bad at Stockton. Will give you an update tomorrow night.
I can tell you that I saw a lot of fish yesterday. Had not been seeing very many the last couple of months.
I can't confirm this yet, but have heard that there are some caves in a couple of spots. Will be checking this out (without penetration) in the next month or so (as soon as I buy or have access to a boat). Will let you know.

Dark Wolf

Yes, there are several places to shore dive. So far, that is all I have done. I will be happy to give you some reference points. Let me get the Latitude and Longitude numbers and I will post them for you guys.
By the way, vis was up some from Wednesday, about 15ft. shallow, and 20 or so when you get deeper. However, it has been raining here a lot the last couple of days (8 inches in about 30 hours) so the vis is probably screwed up again. I plan on getting back over there this weekend. Will let you know.

Dark Wolf

Ok, I got some numbers.

The first site is on the SE side of Mile Long Bridge.
37 37 07.34
93 46 02.95
Shore dive, depth-15-60 ft., don't have to carry your gear a long way. Easy to enter/exit.

Site #2, West side of Mile Long
37 37 15.46
93 47 17.92
Shore dive, depth 5-70 ft., more of a pain to get gear to. Have to carry gear down a pretty steep hill and go rock to rock. Water entrance and exit is pretty easy, just have to fight the hill. Not too bad, though.

Site #3, across the dam, turn into parking lot on east side and follow the gravel road out of the parking lot. Follow until the road hits the water, approx. 1 mile.
37 40 58.50
93 45 08.82
Shore dive, depth 0-50ft. Nice gradual slope. Very easy to enter/exit. Will hit 50 ft. about 100 yards from shore. Being near the dam, you can get deeper water, but have to get quite a way from shore.

I got the numbers from Google Earth, and hope they help. I can give more detailed directions if needed. I will also be checking out some new sites this weekend.

I have seen fish at all these sites. Walleye, Bass, Cat, Crappie, Drum, Carp, Buffalo, and Perch. I have also found some fossils. Some divers get bored with Stockton since there are not a lot of "things" to see. I have a map that shows bridge abutments, underwater roads, and house foundations. Have not been able to check these out yet, but will let you guys know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom