STNOA - Single NO Tank Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is my new Singel NO Tank Adapter
Intended for easy switching between BM and SM for OW diving. U just have to take of the tank bands. Simulates the tank.
I dove it and it works nice. Keeps the bladder in the same position as with tank.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Plstc STA-0001 (600 x 450).jpg
    Plstc STA-0001 (600 x 450).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 511
  • Plstc STA-0002 (600 x 450).jpg
    Plstc STA-0002 (600 x 450).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Plstc STA-0003 (600 x 450).jpg
    Plstc STA-0003 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Plstc STA-0004 (600 x 450).jpg
    Plstc STA-0004 (600 x 450).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 406
PVC rocks!

But in the last picture, you have the cam bands attached to it like a regular STA. Is PVC strong enough to support a tank above water? (just wondering...)

Oh... and can it come in black :D

The SNOTA is made of 4 m"m PVC pipe. This pipe is used for underground and on the ground purpose. It can holed very rough treatment and pressures. It is very strong.

When I made it I've tried it with 80Al and did not noticed anything to worry about. It's stable as with the SS STA. I even rocked it sideways and it stayed solid. Will see in the long run.

Though, I will try to keep your wondering about it, in mind and report in a year or so.

And if black is important you can paint it. for me it's not.

As promised a year ago.
I still use this SNOTA both for BM and SM with great comfort, just as planed.
I have added straps for weight attachment on it.

Notice. I dive only OW single or double tank SM. Sometimes I have to "go back" :)

Is that a typo? 4 m"m PVC pipe brings up a billion results for 4 mm PVC pipe. If not, where can you find that type of PVC?

On the other hand, if I run the straps through the wing and the pipe, then I guess any old PVC will do.

Love this idea. Way better than adding a bunch of tabs.

I'll put some more pics next month when I'll have time for it. Also my complete BP and tank assembly as I dive SM with 1 or 2 tanks.

I'll put some more pics next month when I'll have time for it. Also my complete BP and tank assembly as I dive SM with 1 or 2 tanks.

How do you set up the weight when diving single tank SM? do you add weight to your non-tank side to keep you level in roll? How much?:confused:

I'm wondering the same thing. Or do you put all on the tank if diving an AL?
Or maybe switch sides during the dive?

I'm wondering the same thing. Or do you put all on the tank if diving an AL?
Or maybe switch sides during the dive?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reminding me :bash:

I do not have any "roll" or so problems. I have SS BP and on the waist 2 XS scuba pockets with 2 lbr on each rear pocket and 4 lbr on the front pocket. Both on each side are btwn the front and back D-rings. E.g. they are close to each other on each side.

Switching weights during the summer and winter when changing suite. Summer I put 2 lbs on the front pockets when diving long john only. Winter I have full 5 mm suite and 4 lbr in front pockets+ 2 lbr in the rear + 4 or 2 * 3 on the SNOTA. I'll try to take pic's this week end. I hope it was clear.

Although I have to remind that this amount of weights are suited for me and my equipment (dry suite etc.) and may change and differ for you.

Any way I do not "compensate" on one side when diving SM with 1 tank.

I dive only 10 or 12 ltr alum. tanks. Mostly 1 alum. on left side or 2 10 ltr when 2 tanks.

If you haven't heard about UDT Z-system you should look at it. Very interesting system that they came up with last month. I specially like the gas distribution concept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom