Stillhouse Hollow Lake, August 27th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Three of us are headed to Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton on Saturday. Have never dove there so we are going to check out the area around Stillhouse Lake Marina (or at least that is where our starting point will be). We are going to be at the dive shop there around 10:00. Anyone is welcome to join us. Water temps are said to be in the mid 80's with vis 15-20'. The link to the dive shop at the marina is: www.scubadiversparadise.net

UndrWatrDan:
Three of us are headed to Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton on Saturday. Have never dove there so we are going to check out the area around Stillhouse Lake Marina (or at least that is where our starting point will be). We are going to be at the dive shop there around 10:00. Anyone is welcome to join us. Water temps are said to be in the mid 80's with vis 15-20'. The link to the dive shop at the marina is: www.scubadiversparadise.net

I have not been there in a few weeks but I suspect you will find temps drop rapidly between 30 and 50 feet. So you might want 3mm even in the deeper part of their scuba area. If my cold has subsided enough, I'll try to meet you there but I don't have a lot of hope.

Hi Danny,,, what did your trek and dives south to SH turn up? AK

Vis was 8-10', lower in some spots. The area we dove was a structureless bottom basically mud and rocks. You could tell the platform had not been used in a long time. There was a rope that led from the platform in a circle to a kayak, boat, motorcycle, etc that were off the main rope connected to it by other ropes. It was difficult to get to the platform. You had to park near the road, dress, trek about 50 yds to the waters edge, swim about 200 yds, take a compass heading from a rock on the shore, swim another 100yds or so to the platform. It's out that far because that is where it finally got deep enough. My max depth was 35', temp at that depth was 79. Looks like to find the better dive spots you'd need a boat.

UndrWatrDan:
Vis was 8-10', lower in some spots. The area we dove was a structureless bottom basically mud and rocks. You could tell the platform had not been used in a long time. There was a rope that led from the platform in a circle to a kayak, boat, motorcycle, etc that were off the main rope connected to it by other ropes. It was difficult to get to the platform. You had to park near the road, dress, trek about 50 yds to the waters edge, swim about 200 yds, take a compass heading from a rock on the shore, swim another 100yds or so to the platform. It's out that far because that is where it finally got deep enough. My max depth was 35', temp at that depth was 79. Looks like to find the better dive spots you'd need a boat.

Thanks for the report....sorta figured it was going to be that way,,,,I was told the wall diving near the far end of the dam is pretty good/boat req.. Well you got wet somewhere differnt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom