Still waiting for my Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJT

Reaction score
Yup, still waiting for my 36lb Pioneer MC system to show up from Halcyon. My LDS, MikeFerrara, ordered it for me from Halcyon a week ago and it was back ordered @ Halcyon because they don't have buckles in stock. :(

I had wanted to get the rig a couple weeks before my trip to Florida on June 23rd so I could do a few lake dives here first to get use to it. But, looks like we will be cutting it dangerously close.

Now I am thinking of doing the following instead.

1) Cancelling the 36lb system and going with the 27lb that Mike has in stock.

or

2) Ditching the entire factory Halcyon setup and just ordering the wing alone, try and get FredT to get me a backplate in a timely manner, and make my own harness.

Grrr.

- JT

I like my 27# pretty well...

Told ya man...we'll get ya diving...you will be diving yours...or you will be diving mine.

JT,
I'll pm the detail but... so the folks can keep up with the adventure...I should have the plate and harness (buckle included) in my shop tonight. The wing in a few days. Unless you can settle for one that my wife dove one weekend or the 27# in either case we can set you up this week. Ya see...I know this guy...mmmm..well nevermind it's a long story.

Mike

Jarhead,

Well, its a little closer to North Florida.

Mike

Thanks Mike, apprectiate it. I'm an impatient prick and this thread was in no way a bash on you or your store, just venting out of frustration with trying to dive up here in my pool sessions with what looks and feels like 10 year old rental crap.

- JT

I understand. But...you must learn to enjoy the journey. Sometimes it's more fun than the destination. Have fun in the pool. Be patient with yourself, watch and listen. The rental equipment may not be the best but it will work so don't let it distract you.

Originally posted by MikeFerrara
But...you must learn to enjoy the journey. Sometimes it's more fun than the destination.
Yeah, that's what guys with sailboats here in the PNW tell themselves too...

Anyway... you come out smelling like a rose in this thread... and we all want you to move to our area and become our LDS... :D

And JT... have you tried both the 27# wing and the 36# wing?
Surely your LDS will let you give them each a try... :wink:

Personally I use a 27# with a LP104 here in the PNW... but then I don't mind a snoot full of water once in a while when it's lumpy out...

Back
Top Bottom