still using a snorkel? or does it stay in the car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find mine doesn't get in the way, so it stays attached to my mask. I have used it a couple of times, mostly waiting on others or while hanging out at the surface.

I use mine frequently, usually finding paths through kelp. Appropriately attached it is a minor inconvenience during a dive and a major help on the surface. Location/dive purpose may dictate that I won't wear it.

I always have a folding snorkel in a pocket, just in case. On a boat recently somebody had their snorkel strapped onto their leg, like a knife.

Attached to my mask since the 1970's.

"Never leave home without it." :D

Best wishes.

I always have a folding snorkel in a pocket, just in case. On a boat recently somebody had their snorkel strapped onto their leg, like a knife.
That's real old school ... back to double hose days.

I finally had good reason (a long surface swim) to take my cargo snorkel from my drysuit pocket a few weeks back, only to discover that it is worse than useless as I had to clear it after each breath.

When you keep it on your mask strap and use it every dive that's not a problem.

I only take it with me if I'm with students, and then it's folded up in a pocket, but other than that...it's in my gear bag...

I have mine with me all of the time.
Stuck in my ways, I guess...

I have one somewhere, just not with my dive gear.

Back
Top Bottom