Still Use Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Went to the LDS tonight. Helped set up some new rigs.

Afterwards, I was looking at my borrowed doubles. Got tired of borrowing.

Ordered the following:

Double 104's
Bands
Manifold
55lb Explorer Wing
Two ATX 200's
A few bolt snaps.

Now the only question is what to do with my singles and 36 lb Pioneer.

At a minimum, I'll use the Pioneer for the Carribean. That only leaves the tanks.

How many of the doubles divers still use their single tanks. These are HP 120's, so there is no real way to convert them to other uses.

Shane and I use our singles on a lot of dives.... we are going to use them this weekend.

The doubles are loaded with 21/35 and ready to go... but for the <100 stuff we use EAN32 in the singles.

However... next week we are going to go ahead and put the single 104s together for another set of doubles.

So we will need some singles for our little dives. I just dropped a couple of steel 72s off at the local fire extinguisher shop for hydros and we will see how they work for that.

So... I would say... keep your Pioneer and single HP120s.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Went to the LDS tonight.

Ordered the following:

Double 104's
Bands
Manifold
55lb Explorer Wing
Two ATX 200's
A few bolt snaps.

At a minimum, I'll use the Pioneer for the Carribean. That only leaves the tanks.

SHEESH!!!!

I got a little sand up my nose, WHILE YOU WERE RUBBING MY NOSE IN THE DIRT.

Some people just have it way too easy..................:D :D

Dave

Let me put this another way........

I rode my Schwinn down to the local bicycle store today, I polished a leather seat for a customer, and then I had a thought...........I really should be driving a Porsche, so I asked the store owner if he would mind if I bought one, now I dont know what to do with my old skateboard, should I keep it for fun?

Dave

I suppose that you could sell the boat in your profile picture if you wanted doubles badly enough.

So thanks for your input and have a nice day.

BTW, I have a suggestion about what you can do with your skateboard.:eek:

To each his own.

I only use doubles when the dive plan dictates it. I see no point in lugging those suckers around unnecessarily.
If I had any use for HPs, I'd make you an offer (I am looking for some LPs at a good price...) - but my considered advice is keep 'em - you'll find yourself using 'em more often than you now imagine. (If redundancy's an issue think "H" valve)
Rick

I use singles for some dives, mostly when teaching. My old al 80's also serve as stage and deco bottles. As far as I'm concerned the more tanks I have the better. We dive alot of places where there are no fills to be had so we carry alot of tanks.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
I suppose that you could sell the boat in your profile picture if you wanted doubles badly enough.
Dave was just kidding with you NEW...
Note all the smilies...

His boat (finished just before he moved here to the USA for a spell) is waiting for him back home in OZ.

He put the picture up temporarily so we could see what a fine craftsman he is.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
I rode my Schwinn down to the local bicycle store today
In HOTLANTA????
Ye're a braver man than I, ye are!
Rick :)

Whoa....

I appologise for my comments NE wrecks, It was very tongue in cheek, and no offense was meant, my dry humor is going to be the death of me.
Im glad you have a nice setup, and I hope it serves you well.

I myself have more cylinders than you can poke a stick at, and I doubt that I will EVER give ANY of them up.

The boat was many years of blood sweat and tears, Its my pride and Joy, and there is alot of my life in that hull.
I have 3 loves in my life, Chloe, Amanda, Aquamania, in no specific order.

UP, thanks for those kind words.

Rick, good point, in fact from what I have seen so far, just riding a bike on Atlanta roads is a death wish!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom