Stiletto needs a D-Ring right here:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlesml3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Stiletto_web.gif

Right side. Shoulder strap just above the chest clip. There's some nylon webbing there and it's "looped." I thought about zip tying a carabiner here.

Anybody got a better idea?

Thanks!

-Charles

Are you talking about the thing that sticks out to the side of the shoulder strap? If so I think an anchor shackle would work well.

Right side. Shoulder strap just above the chest clip. There's some nylon webbing there and it's "looped." I thought about zip tying a carabiner here.

Anybody got a better idea?

Thanks!

-Charles
I have an Oceanic Islander BC with webbing loops all over.
I use ss split rings to put a D-ring equivalent where I want one.

Mostly I use the 1.25" or 1.0" ID size. I think they're robust enough
for anything I'm going to hang on my BC, but light and small, which
is what these BCs are all about. They can also be installed and removed
with no tools, or at most a small dull knife.

Sources are McMaster-Carr or Home Depot (limited sizes) or
Stainless Steel Hardware, Clips and Hardware from Reef Scuba Accessories - or many others.

Marchand,

No, right on top. Basically look at the webbing that the corrugated inflater hose is held to with the velcro loop. No move over to the opposite side shoulder strap. I'd love a D-ring at the same height as that velcro loop.

Basically, in the same spot as here on the Ranger:

ranger.gif

I think Reefduffer here has a great idea. A stainless steel split ring would be perfect. Good idea, dude...

-Charles

I see...

You could take a tri-glide and cut the sides so you can slip it over the webbing, and use that with the split ring so that it will stay where you want it.

Not having much luck finding a 2" Stainless Steel split ring. I can order them for .99 cents each and pay NINE DOLLARS in shipping. Not such a good deal.

Anyone know where I might find these for a reasonable price?

I just measured the strap on my Stilleto and it is 1 1/2" wide. I can make a 1 1/2" split d-ring out of 5/32" dia. #309 S.S. Would a home made d-ring work for you.

Hey bud!

Wow, that's one more generous offer! I ended up calling Reef Scuba Accessories (link above) and they agreed that $9 shipping was silly. They just put two of them in an envelope and mailed them to me...

Very cool!

-Charles

Hey bud!

Wow, that's one more generous offer! I ended up calling Reef Scuba Accessories (link above) and they agreed that $9 shipping was silly. They just put two of them in an envelope and mailed them to me...

Very cool!

-Charles

I LOVE it when some online company bends the rules when they don't make sense. Regrettably, that doesn't happen too often.

Back
Top Bottom