Sticky Threads, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoober

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for some sort of legend which explains things such as the definition of "Sticky Thread", color coding of threads (eg, when they turn red), the padlock icon, and similar Forum things. Thanks!

Sticky threads are used by staff members to "stick" an informational thread to the top of a forum - it stays there till unstuck. Things like general info, announcements etc.
SB Staff and manufacturers forum reps. have that ability. Often they are created by members and later judged to be of interest to a wider audience.

The padlock means a thread has been closed to further posting. Either by a staff member or by any member in the classifieds. We ask that members close their threads after an item is sold so that other members don't waste time reading it.

From a thread list view, scroll down to the bottom of any screen, forum icon legends are there:

Capture.jpg

I'm not clear on what "color coding" you're referring to. That may be a browser setting on your computer/device.

The color coding but related to the little balloons next to the post that shows the number if responses. Seems to change color depending on how busy the thread is. At least on my IPhone. Thanx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom