Stephen John Barlow... Now an angel among us.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTigress

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On the morning of March 29th, 2012, the world lost a wonderful dive instructor who's influence reached globally. He lived here in the Cayman Islands, teaching through Don Fosters dive shop. Many loved him, and laughed with him, and enjoyed his beautiful smile. I hate to sound selfish in this, but as the world lost a friend, I lost my lover and to-be-husband (though in our hearts, we were already married). He had to leave Home and go back to Canada to fight a hard fight against a rare cancer, and did for 8 months, bravely and painfully, just to spend another day with the people he cared for. But he lost..... and in my heart, I feel I've lost as well.

But, he is free of pain now, and his soul is back home on Grand Cayman, where he fought so hard to come back to. I would have written this sooner, for those on here who may have known him, but I couldn't see through the tears enough, or stop looking at pictures long enough to really do so.

Steve my love, may you forever rest in peace, with a beer in hand and your feet back in the sand...

<3<3<3<3<3

Stephen John Barlow
October 19, 1966 - March 29, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
How sad. May you be blessed in your memories.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

How sad. May you be blessed in your memories.

I'm so sorry to hear about this T. :sadangel:

Thanks guys, it's an awful time for the Diving community, as well as myself. But, I put on my big girl flippers, took a big breath and got back in the water... he would have wanted it. It was hard to do, but in the words of Dori.... Just Keep Swimming.

Very sad. Young guy. I don't know you and suspect I never knew your Man. (only been to GC twice. Last time was 15 years ago.) But I do know cancer sucks. So much around me now. Luck to you.

So sorry for this loss, Tigress...

i am sorry.
g.gif

My heart goes out to you Tigress..so sorry for your loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom