Stella Maris question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkktsunami

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a question about the diving, specifically the number of dives, at Stella Maris on Long Island in the Bahamas. My regular dive group is planning a trip there in late June and the resort offers a two-tank morning dive and a "possible" afternoon dive. When asked (I called their marina) about afternoon diving I was told that this depends on the weather.When asked for general idea of how often they went out in the afternoon the same answer was given, like a parrot. When asked about other possibilities (shallow bay, shore diving, lake, puddle, anything) I was told that they don't rent their equipment or tanks other than for their own trips, that a dive master was always in the water with the customers, and that it is dangerous to dive alone. Who has been there, did you have any afternoon diving, will I be overwhelmed by dms and rules? I really like the other features of the place and am generally very easily pleased but I do like to dive a lot and enjoy the feeling of being free (ie. free from too many rules). Thank you in advance for any responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom