Staying In Miami, Need Help/Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi gang,

Me and a group of 16 other A&M students are headed down to Florida to do a Blackbeard's trip in mid-May.

We are thinking about staying the Friday night in Miami (South Beach), and going out on the town.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on affordable/non-roach trap motels in or around South Beach that we could stay at.

Also, it seems things are much cheaper in North Miami Beach, looks to be 5 miles north of South Beach.

Is that a safe place to stay at, or should we think about something else?

Also, anyone have ideas for cover charges for the bigger clubs on South Beach? I'm guessing anywhere from $20-$40 a pop.

We're trying to plan this thing out best we can, and I'd really like to get some dollar amounts so people can better plan their finances.

One other idea is to skip Miami and go down to Key Largo and dive the Spiegel. How much are boat trips out to the wreck?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly provided. I'm getting a headache surfing through all the stuff on the 'net and not getting a whole lot out of it right now.

Anything on the beach in Miami or Fort Lauderdale is not cheap; whether it's a rouch motel or a 5 star resort. Prices arw simply higher. If you'd want to dive aroud Fort Lauderdale/Miami going inland for accomadations will save in cost. The Keys (although as pricy) is much better as far as diving sites and relaxed atmosphere. Spiegel Grove is definetly worth seeing!

Aggie Diver:
Hi gang,

Me and a group of 16 other A&M students are headed down to Florida to do a Blackbeard's trip in mid-May.

We are thinking about staying the Friday night in Miami (South Beach), and going out on the town.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on affordable/non-roach trap motels in or around South Beach that we could stay at.

Also, it seems things are much cheaper in North Miami Beach, looks to be 5 miles north of South Beach.

Is that a safe place to stay at, or should we think about something else?

Also, anyone have ideas for cover charges for the bigger clubs on South Beach? I'm guessing anywhere from $20-$40 a pop.

We're trying to plan this thing out best we can, and I'd really like to get some dollar amounts so people can better plan their finances.

One other idea is to skip Miami and go down to Key Largo and dive the Spiegel. How much are boat trips out to the wreck?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly provided. I'm getting a headache surfing through all the stuff on the 'net and not getting a whole lot out of it right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom