Staying in/around Ao Chalong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydob27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone ever stayed in Ao Chalong?

I'll be spending a week on Phuket and am not sure where to stay.

I think it would be nice to stay near the jeti, so I have been looking at Ao Chalong. I'm looking at the Ao Chalong Villa. It looks nice and quiet. I'm OK with it not having a nice beach; I'll be there to dive. But I do want some kind of night life. Nothing big or special, just some cool bars to have some beers at in the evening.

So will Chalong work, or should I be looking at Kita or Karon.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Ao Chalong Villa isn't really very near the pier, or at least not walking distance, and it's set way back from the main road, so getting in and out is okay if you've got a motorbike or a rental car, but otherwise can be a longish walk. There are two parts to that resort--the older part that has the bungalows and the newer part that has the hotel buildings. I like the older part, personally.

There is a pretty nice place just a few steps from the pier, though, called Pier 42. I've been putting customers in there lately when they are coming for training or just want to be near the pier.

There are some bars in Chalong, and it has improved the last years, but there still is not much, and the bars are mainly girly bars there. If I were you I would stay in Kata. 10 minutes from the pier, but much nicer area with restaurants, bars, shopping and even a beach if you do want to go there once.

Hi Andy , Quero has come up with a nice option . If that is full or not in your budget you could also try 'Jimmy's light House' . See view rooms and like Pier 42 is only a stones throw from the Pier and bars .

Back
Top Bottom