Starting out in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck like some of the others, I can't comment on FL shops, but I thought I'd offer a hello, and welcome from north of the 49th - Ottawa Canada.

If you ever want to try out real cold water diving -- come up and visit us.

For diving equipment, you can try Diver's Direct at www.diversdirect.com they have several locations in the state, esp in south Florida.

Snorkeling (as well as a decent beaxh dive) is good in Lauderdale by the Sea, but watch out for the parking meters. The cops LOVE to write parking tickets there (I think it is the city's main source of income) - try the $5 for the whole day lot there by the pier. John Pennekamp state park is good (in Key Largo) and at the east end of Highway 60 in Vero Beach (where the Highway hits the ocean) is a parking lot with two seafood restaurants. If you goi into the water at that point, about 100-150 yards off shore is a reef, and if you can find it, a wreck. The seafood restaurant right there will even buy any fish you spear.

Diving in that area: Loggerhead Charters (Boynton Beach) is good, and the reef there has as many fish to see as anywhere else in the state that I have seen. South Florida Diving Headquarters (Boca Raton & Pompano) does some good dives.
You can also try Diving Solutions out of West Palm Beach. You will see a few sharks there. Hope that helps. If you want more information, ask...

sharpenu,

Thanks for the great information, just what I'm looking for!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom