Starting from scratch..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok due to the recent break-in I am starting from scratch down the whole underwater photography road. Tell me what you dive with and what you would like to dive with....:blinking: Keep in mind I am a point & shoot girl...with a budget...

My setup is fairly inexpensive, easy to get ahold of and I think, takes great pictures..

a Canon A620 with the Canon WP-DC90 underwater housing. The camera runs about $300 and the housing runs about $150. Not too much to break the bank and good for 130 depth.

All the pictures on my gallery were taken with this setup.

I currently shoot with a Nikon CoolPix 4300 and a Fantasea housing, with a Sea&Sea YS-90 strobe. If I had the funding, I would house my Nikon D70 with an Ikelite housing. Someday I will. Not sure if that is more camera than you are looking for, though...

I use the same camera and it has been working great.

river_sand_bar:
My setup is fairly inexpensive, easy to get ahold of and I think, takes great pictures..

a Canon A620 with the Canon WP-DC90 underwater housing. The camera runs about $300 and the housing runs about $150. Not too much to break the bank and good for 130 depth.

All the pictures on my gallery were taken with this setup.

Go with either the above mentioned Canon A620 or an Olympus SP-350. Either will do an excellent job and are still point and shoot cameras that will do a great job in full auto mode. They also will allow you manual controls when you get better.

I am obliged to ask about your Sealife camera, why are you changing?

CheddarChick:
Ok due to the recent break-in I am starting from scratch down the whole underwater photography road. Tell me what you dive with and what you would like to dive with....:blinking: Keep in mind I am a point & shoot girl...with a budget...

Sorry you lost your camera due to a break-in.

Previous advice on canon PNS cameras is good. Also look at the Canon A640 with the Canon housing.
Another camera I am looking at, if I upgrade, is the Olympus SP550UZ. It has the widest angle lens to date fro a PNS camera. Also has 18X optical zoom with stabilization. The Oly housing will be out any day now. Will be more pricey at $500. for camera and close to that for the housing.

Hi Cecil, about the camera, someone decided they needed my camera more than I did in Curacao. (really irritated me) So in the spirit of things, i'm of course second guessing all my decisions about gear. I really liked my DC500, but now wonder if the shooting raw options is one I should have the ability to do at some point. The DC is a great point & shoot and I got some great pictures with it.
Flounder3.jpg

turtle3.jpg

So now I am confused. and ask my friends what they use...

Hi Alcina,
I read the pink link, in fact many times. Just make me more confused about which one I would love to have, so who better to ask the the crowd....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom