Stainless Steel Loops needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sang here are the pics of the rings Privateer made for me. I use the front for stages, rear for spg, and the lower one for reel, hammer, etc.

Attachments

• doubledring1.jpg
    doubledring1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 69
  • doubledring2.jpg
    doubledring2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 66
  • doubledring3.jpg
    doubledring3.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 66
Jim Lapenta,

Many thanks for the photos.

I just remembered something during my national service days n I think I can adapt 2 D-rings into a quick release similar to the abseiling/climbing gear.

I'll post you some pictures this weekend.

Cheers,

SangP

Hi SangP,

This is my adjustable harness solution:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/324904-looking-ss-hardware-3.html

I use the kind of SS loops that you are looking for that I've got from DR. But they look just the same. If you are worried about the strength? don't. But if you are unsecured use 2 at each point.

Look at other threads of mine where I have other solutions for SM harness and rig.

Good luck with the project.

Hi WolfY,

Thanks for the great links n are these ss loops very corrosion resistant as I have tried some ss hardware that is claimed to be ss but rust almost immediately after saltwater use?

SangP

Hi WolfY,

Thanks for the great links n are these ss loops very corrosion resistant as I have tried some ss hardware that is claimed to be ss but rust almost immediately after saltwater use?

SangP

Hi SangP,

I don't know specific how resistant for rust this SS loops. Since they are quite cheep and essential for your project buy a couple and find out. You can also get SS wire and bend some loops. Not as thick as the bought ones, but works well. First I have used SS wire (1m"m) that I have found during a salt water dive and know for sure they will resist rust. Later I have got the DR originals that I've ordered before finding the wire and prior receiving the package.

I depends on how and where you use the loops in order to decide the strength of it. But 1 m"m is strong enough for most purposes though easy enough to bend to a loop.
more important for strength is if the loop welded at the ends or open. When DIY you can make a double loop and that will be very strong without welding it.

Anyway ordering some loops factory made is the best way to get them without spending the time on really cheap parts.

By the way, you can check the quality of the SS using a magnet. If no magnetism they will probably last for ever.

Show us your project when ready.

WolfY

super7 & Jim Lapenta,

Many thanks for the great info.

super7, actually I was looking for just a regular rectangular ss loop but the ss polygon looks interesting as it would more closely form to the contours of the body. Please try n remember where you saw the ss qc as that is the one thing that is keeping this project from happening.

Jim Lapenta could you kindly take a photo of the double d qc so I can make one for myself?

Thanks again guys,

SangP

Privateer Divers is pretty open to new ideas. If it's something they think they can sell, they'll build it and gladly sell you a few.

D

Thanks guys,

I did a autocad drawing of some harness components and recently ordered a set of wings from caveadventurers.com as soon as they arrive I'll try to see what works best on them and post a private photo for everyone who participated on this thread.

SangP

Hi guys,

I finally got the harness design almost finalized and would like to post it to your guys for some feedback.

Could you please email me and I'll send you a picture of the harness design.

SangP

Hi guys,

I finally got the harness design almost finalized and would like to post it to your guys for some feedback.

Could you please email me and I'll send you a picture of the harness design.

SangP

Why don't you post the pics here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom