Stahlsac: Cozumel Cruiser vs. Jamaican Smuggler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mehera

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm choosing between a Cozumel Cruiser and a Jamaican Smuggler to be my main gear bag. I already own a much larger bag, which I find very cumbersome, and am looking for something to replace it. I've read on up both bags and am torn as they both look great and are close enough in price with some smart Googling.

Any advice from people that own one, the other, or even both?

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

M/

I'm choosing between a Cozumel Cruiser and a Jamaican Smuggler to be my main gear bag. I already own a much larger bag, which I find very cumbersome, and am looking for something to replace it. I've read on up both bags and am torn as they both look great and are close enough in price with some smart Googling.

Any advice from people that own one, the other, or even both?

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

M/

I own the Cozumel Cruiser and it is one h*ll of a bag! Actually has real leather on it. Built to last a lifetime. Quality is A1! Just went on a dive vacation with it for the first time last Jan. It was perfect. The inside has plenty of pockets and can be made into a single large bag or a bag with 2 smaller compartments (good for separating gear and clothes). All the zippers are extremely heavy duty... stainless I believe. It carried all my gear and never had a problem. You will reach the 50 lb limit before you fill the bag.

I looked at Smuggler and it says that the bag is about the same size and cheaper... not sure what the internal configuration is though. I think it's just one big bag. I did notice that it is just under 10 lbs and the Cruiser is just over 10 lbs. The Smuggler is cheaper but I think Cozumel is a more upscale bag (more bells and whistles). The Cozumel is also probably more versatile for other trips... also has backpack straps.

You probably won't go wrong with either bag. All I can say is that when my bag arrived, it was the first time I was ever impressed with a piece of luggage! These bags are built to take a beating and show up on the luggage belt in one piece. They are worth every penny.

Hi,

I dropped off the face of the earth there with some work stuff, but did just want to say thank you for your advice. I checked the two bags out again recently and ended up with the Smuggler. I have a large dive bag already, so I figured having one large and one small(er) to use for weekends might be best. And it was a bit cheaper, which put me over the edge.

So, apologies for my late response, but thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

Mehera

I got the Panama mesh backpack for a boat bag and it worked GREAT on 21 dives over 6 days in Cozumel.

I'm a big fan of Stahlsac now.

Back
Top Bottom