Stage bottle colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachhead

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking of having my plain AL stage bottle(s) painted. Are there any standard colors for these? Lets say 50%,100% and travel gas. I see blues, yellows, whites and blacks on GUE pics and videos. Any particular system?

will car paint do?

Left lean, right rich.
Every other weekend I switch it up, though. Gotta keep me on my toes...

edparris:

Not as gas markings. Never.
I can do with all blues or all blacks. Whatever I like but not as an indicators of GAS!

stage_euro-oxy.jpg
stage_300.jpg
stagekit_mounted.jpg

In that case -- I prefer brushed aluminum. No paint at all. Easy to possibly spot any corrosion on the off chance you ever get some; no paint to hide it. No paint to get scratched and look terrible.
Whenever I gather up a few more aluminum bottles for stage/deco/argon cylinders, they'll all be brushed aluminum.

Scroll down a bit to read about aluminum cylinder finishes.

I always leave it as purchased. So I have collection of brushed, yellow, white, ...

SparticleBrane:
In that case -- I prefer brushed aluminum. No paint at all. Easy to possibly spot any corrosion on the off chance you ever get some; no paint to hide it. No paint to get scratched and look terrible.

Exactly. My AL tanks are all unpainted.

The white ones are very nice looking though... :D

Owner painted AL cylinders are a huge red flag for visual inspectors. Expect to have them fail VIP. Either buy them painted or use unpainted AL cylinders.

yellow does look pretty nice but they scratch so easily, I have decided to go only shotgun blast from now on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom