Stacking macro lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misty58

Reaction score
Can I stack 2 Epoque lenses (DML2-67 DR) together? Does that give me more magnification than 2 Inon lenses (165mm)?
I have the Canon a720, and I am getting the Ikelite housing for it. I really want to do macro shots.
Thanks for any help.

Many on board here stack Inons. I haven't heard of anyone stacking the Epoque. The Epoque is quite strong by itself, and has a very narrow depth of field which might be near zero if stacked.

No you can't really stack two epoques. The lens has a screw on adapter on one side only. The other side isn't threaded. However, like Larry said it is very strong and I don't think magnification will be an issue. Getting a finely focused photo will be. Its a hard lens to use. I'd opt for the Inon system, learn to use 1 and then stack another.

You can stack 2 Epoques - they do have double threading.

I have always felt that optically the Inons were better than the Epoque though.
I have 2 Inons which I regularly use stacked, and sometimes I add the Epoque as a third. Very difficult to get in focus shots though, but it does work with a little patience.

Since I already sold it awhile back its tough to remember but I'm certain the lens I had didn't have any threading on either side. It basically had a threaded adapter that had 6 screws that mounted the adapter to the lens. So maybe mine was different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom