Sta removing the weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. The weight insert appears to have been modified, or it's a production change so recent it hasn't shown up on the Halcyon web site yet. The bolts are embedded in the lead in mine and every other one I've seen.

I am not the original owner of my infinity setup. I bought it from wgmotgomery on scubaboard, so I do not know if it was altered in any way. The wing date is 2013. That said, Extreme Exposures sells this 6 lbs Convertible Weighted Single Tank Adapter . This looks a lot like what I have.

I changed my post after you quoted it. There appears to be a plastic cover over the bolts which was removed at some point on yours.

The bolts are covered on mine and every other one I've seen, but I can feel them under the plastic now that I try.

So the vinyl must just cover the bolts. I am glad I took pictures to show my STA. That would have been confusing.

That said, I can remove the weighted STA without removing the bolts (bolts aren't all the way down but there is plenty of room) and without removing the bands.

IMG_03681.jpg

Hmm, I have yet another version of this. My lead doesn't have the vinyl coating, and the bolt s are fully embedded inside th lead. So I can't remove the bolt for sure. I can try to see do I can slide the lead out without removing the bands, but looking my it, I doubt. Fit is snug on mine.

Looks like maybe newer weights have bolt holes instead of the bolt being molded into the weight.

Hmm, I have yet another version of this. My lead doesn't have the vinyl coating, and the bolt s are fully embedded inside th lead. So I can't remove the bolt for sure. I can try to see do I can slide the lead out without removing the bands, but looking my it, I doubt. Fit is snug on mine.

If you have the version with the embedded bolts, you must remove the cam bands to remove the weight insert.

Mine are embedded and I've never had to remove the cam bands to get the STA weight out. Its definitely a PITA, but its doable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom