St. Thomas recommendations..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, a couple non-diver friends of my wife and I's are going to St. Thomas for vacation in I think mid September.

I think they are planning on staying at a resort that is at the opposite end of the island from where most of the cruise ship activity is, if that make sence.

I'm looking for recommendations of the usual land stuff, what to do, where to eat, what NOT to do, what NOT to eat, any suggestions or tips are welcome...

thankx

My suggestion is that after the fly in/arrive in St Thomas, is to take the ferry to St John or the BVI. They'll be glad they did.

St Thomas is good for tourist duty free shopping and as a good transfer point between air and the ferry over. Thats about it.

Second that. Chris Sawyer runs a great op out of Red Hook which is right by the ferry for St. John. Make sure and bring your passport so you can dive the Rhone.

I used Chris as well and had good luck with him.....three years ago...not recent.

One thing ...again three years ago....the best place to buy your booze was of all places....K-MART. No kidding. A $22 bottle of Cruzan rum here was only $3.99 there. Ohhhh the pain.

RICHinNC:
I used Chris as well and had good luck with him.....three years ago...not recent.

One thing ...again three years ago....the best place to buy your booze was of all places....K-MART. No kidding. A $22 bottle of Cruzan rum here was only $3.99 there. Ohhhh the pain.

I found the price of the Cruzan Rum to be about the same at the airport Duty Free store. It was just easier to pick up a case of it there instead of having to buy it in town, haul it to your hotel, haul it again to the airport. just FYI. (but maybe things/prices have changed since I was there last).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom