St. Martin Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebomb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I did a cruise ship dive here last year with Royal Caribbean. We had a VERY bad experience with the cruise ships' contracted dive shop. I don't remember the name of the operator but I've looked back at some pics and it looks like someone was wearing a "Scuba Fun" t-shirt.

Does anyone know if this is the dive op that Royal Caribbean uses? The reason I ask is that we're doing the same cruise again this year and we want to avoid this operator like the plague.

Can anyone recommend a good dive operator that is close to the place where the boats dock or is a short cab drive away?

Thanks much,

Beck

I would like some recommendations as well. From what I've seen in past posts, Ocean Explorers and Neptune Divers are highly regarded. I emailed Neptune Divers for more info but haven't heard back from them yet.
Joe

I did three days with Ocean Explorers last week. Conditions were so-so, too rough to get very far off shore. Two of the days there were 4 of us plus the DM, 6 on the other day. As far as the shop goes, I'd recommend them and certainly dive with them again.

I did three days with Ocean Explorers last week. Conditions were so-so, too rough to get very far off shore. Two of the days there were 4 of us plus the DM, 6 on the other day. As far as the shop goes, I'd recommend them and certainly dive with them again.

Thanks,

I actually got a nice email from OE a few days ago and I've seen other positive mention of them, so I think I'll book with them.

Beck

I'm signed up with OE for Tues, Wed. and Thurs. next week, hopefully conditions improve, but it'll just be nice to get somewhere warm for a while! I'll post a trip report when I get back.

I'm signed up with OE for Tues, Wed. and Thurs. next week, hopefully conditions improve, but it'll just be nice to get somewhere warm for a while! I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Hey Joe,

I'll look forward to your post. If you happen to go past where the cruise boats dock on your way to OE, would you give me an estimate on how far it is?

Thanks much!

Beck

I'll keep that in mind!
Joe

I dove with ocean explorers a few years back and had a good experience, small boat, small group, would recommend them as well. Ask them to take you to a site they call "one step beyond" if weather permits. It is/was apparently their secret spot and a little different from the standard St Maarten dives.

Ocean Explorers should be ok as Lu and Jeff from Dive Safaris now own/dive with them... though if you are off a cruise ship I would recomend dive safaris as they are located very close to the dock... and are a reputable/large oepration.. I dove with them for years in Simpson bay (I also got most of my certifications with them). Neptune divers are a small shop on Orient bay if I remember correctly.. Scuba Fun is a French outfit... I would stay away as they have bad practices - ie left lines on a reef, etc.... a shabby operation... Aqua Mania in Simpson bay is also fine. I got my iitial certification with them and they tend to go to farther sites..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom