St. Maarten/Saba/St. Kitts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have to book those liveaboards THAT far in advance generally?

It really depends on the specific vessel and your degree of flexibility, as well as the number of people traveling. We often book charters up to several years in advance, and if you have a specific week that you need to travel, then booking well in advance is always a good idea. The need to book that far in advance decreases as your flexibility increases, so if you have a several-month window that will work, or fewer people traveling, there's generally no need to book THAT far out.

If you've got a boat and time frame you're looking at, you're always welcome to email us at info@explorerventures.com to check availability and see whether we feel that availability will be an issue. Please understand that our availability changes daily, and sometimes unexpectedly, so if we tell you a week is available for you to book, that may not be the case the next day - the only guarantee is to reserve and deposit your space.

I hope this helps!

Best,

- Clay

Do you have to book those liveaboards THAT far in advance generally?
Not usually but occasionally a specific week you want may be full-up. For example, when I planned to go on the Truk Odyssey liveaboard, I tried over 2 years before my planned trip and found that the week I wanted was already full. I therefore had to settle for the week before. Cruises to places like Galapagos or Cocos Island often get booked-up very early during the best diving seasons. In my own case, this trio to the South-Eastern Caribbean is combined with a visit to Utila and so I tend to plan ahead; also, I have to book leave from work about a year ahead for a holiday exceeding 2 weeks.

some especially popular ones do book up way ahead. Often they are chartered by groups booking way out. Sometimes you can find out what group has booked a time you'd like to go and contact them about joining their trip, sometimes they have spots they can't fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom