St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh Members of Scubaboard and all your infinite wisdom I need help.

I might be going to st lucia for a honeymoon and need help with picking a hotel and finding a dive outfit.

So come all you world travels and let me know where to stay and whom I should run away from. Thanks so much

What's your price range? Do you want it to included food and drinks? Dives? How long are you going to stay?

firedogut:
Oh Members of Scubaboard and all your infinite wisdom I need help.

I might be going to st lucia for a honeymoon and need help with picking a hotel and finding a dive outfit.

So come all you world travels and let me know where to stay and whom I should run away from. Thanks so much

This is easy. Stay at Anse Chastenet Resort, which is very romantic, has great food and a good dive op on site. You will love this place, which is on the side of a mountain overlooking the Pitons. Go to their web site and tell me what you think. It's called the Tahiti of the Caribbean. You'll love it.

i'm open to a lot of things. we are looking at least 7 nights no longer then 14 days. shore diving would be a plus. at least 3-5 days of diving but we also want to hike, bike and do land based things.

as my wife to be wrote on another board
"We are looking for a romantic place to stay which has a nice white beach and will be a good value for our money. Ideally I picture natural looking, secluded bungalows. All inclusive would be a nice feature but is not necessary, especially if the price is much higher. "

i like places like this http://www.rockhousehotel.com/about/index.php but thinking st lucia inseatd of jamica.

which island is not 100%, right now we are looking at each island and ruling them out one by one. We are thinking about getting married in the caribbean also and that why we both like st lucia, it is so breath taking.

OK one more question..what month..the month will make a difference in the price..

pilot fish:
This is easy. Stay at Anse Chastenet Resort, which is very romantic, has great food and a good dive op on site. You will love this place, which is on the side of a mountain overlooking the Pitons. Go to their web site and tell me what you think. It's called the Tahiti of the Caribbean. You'll love it.

Nice place but not cheap.
Here are their prices without air.

HOTEL BOOKING INFO
RESERVATION REQUEST
2005 RATES & PACKAGES

CORAL KALEIDOSCOPE

The SCUBA PACKAGE includes:
7 nts accommodation in room category chosen, breakfast, lunch , afternoon tea and dinner, all tax and service, airport transfers both ways, welcome cocktail, drinks package in room fridge & basket of local fruit on arrival, 12 beach or boat dives, substitution of a day dive to night dive to maximum of 2. Also included in the package are usage of tennis court/ equipment, watersports equipment (snorkeling, kayaking, mini-sailing, windsurfing) beach chairs / towels, complimentary resort watertaxi to ANSE MAMIN beach

Weekly CORAL KALEIDOSCOPE PACKAGE rates (7 nights) per room. Please e-mail us for our Triple and Single rates. All rates are quoted in US dollars.
MAP - Includes Breakfast and Dinner
EP - No meals included.

Packages for 2 persons sharing room
WINTER
Dec 20, 04-Apr 6, 05 SPRING/FALL 2005
Apr 7 - May 31, 2005 &
Nov 1-Dec 19, 2005 SUMMER 2005
Jun 1-Oct 31, 2005
+/- nights +/-nights +/-nights
Standard 4707

Superior 5533

Beach Deluxe 6156

Hillside Deluxe 6611

Premium 7437

Natasha:
Nice place but not cheap.
Here are their prices without air.

HOTEL BOOKING INFO
RESERVATION REQUEST
2005 RATES & PACKAGES

CORAL KALEIDOSCOPE

The SCUBA PACKAGE includes:
7 nts accommodation in room category chosen, breakfast, lunch , afternoon tea and dinner, all tax and service, airport transfers both ways, welcome cocktail, drinks package in room fridge & basket of local fruit on arrival, 12 beach or boat dives, substitution of a day dive to night dive to maximum of 2. Also included in the package are usage of tennis court/ equipment, watersports equipment (snorkeling, kayaking, mini-sailing, windsurfing) beach chairs / towels, complimentary resort watertaxi to ANSE MAMIN beach

Weekly CORAL KALEIDOSCOPE PACKAGE rates (7 nights) per room. Please e-mail us for our Triple and Single rates. All rates are quoted in US dollars.
MAP - Includes Breakfast and Dinner
EP - No meals included.

Packages for 2 persons sharing room
WINTER
Dec 20, 04-Apr 6, 05 SPRING/FALL 2005
Apr 7 - May 31, 2005 &
Nov 1-Dec 19, 2005 SUMMER 2005
Jun 1-Oct 31, 2005
+/- nights +/-nights +/-nights
Standard 4707

Superior 5533

Beach Deluxe 6156

Hillside Deluxe 6611

Premium 7437

Yes, that is pricey. They run special deals, especailly in Oct so you could get it cheaper.

Sandals Grande St. Lucia,
You can use all 3 resorts--shuttle between them. The dive outfits at all these Sandals are great, but only the Grande has the dive boat residing at the resort. If you can get a room at the end near the dive shop you won't have to carry your gear very far. The Grande has the best beach and watersports of all 3. Anse Chastanet is closer to the dive sites but it is all on a hill and not as big a beach. We loved the dive masters and dive boat at Sandals Grande St. Lucia.

i stayed at sandals prior to scuba cert and i was the best vacation i have ever had.

Donna:
Sandals Grande St. Lucia,
You can use all 3 resorts--shuttle between them. The dive outfits at all these Sandals are great, but only the Grande has the dive boat residing at the resort. If you can get a room at the end near the dive shop you won't have to carry your gear very far. The Grande has the best beach and watersports of all 3. Anse Chastanet is closer to the dive sites but it is all on a hill and not as big a beach. We loved the dive masters and dive boat at Sandals Grande St. Lucia.

Just keep in mind, Sandals is "resort" diving. They generally require a check-out dive and limit bottom times. That being said, we found the dive staff and the entire staff at the resort to be delightful. Email me if you'd like a link to some pictures and a trip report. IMHO, St. Lucia is a perfect choice for a honeymoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom