St. Lucia... Ti Kaye Village.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon in August and spent 4 days at Ti Kaye and 4 days at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian. It was because of the fantastic dive shop at Ti Kaye that I: 1) dove for the very first time, and 2) ended up getting my open water certification while on my honeymoon. Island Divers is the dive shop at Ti Kaye and it is an integrated part of Ti Kaye. This is something fairly new within in the last year or so. Because the resort is so small, the diving is very specialized and they are working hard to build a name for themselves. I did a total of four dives there (my husband did six dives) and for any given dive for each of us, there were a max of 5 divers including the dive master.

As part of my open water course, I did two official dives at Ti Kaye and completed the final two dives and test at Sandals. While the Sandals operation was pretty good, it paled in comparison to Ti Kaye.

About the resort, again compared to Sandals, it was a no brainer. It was considerably cheaper and the food and service was much better. Also as something to consider with the Chasenet, Ti Kaye's cottages have air conditioning units. I don't care what they say - even with "island breezes", sleeping at night with the A/C is much better sweating!

All in all, I think Ti Kaye is a wonderful on St. Lucia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom