St lucia Dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but the diving is all inclusive. If they have the same boat as when I was there, it’s a 1/2 hour down to the pitons. Not that terrible.

i don't know if i have ever had a more beautiful, scenic boat ride than the one down to the pitons. it really is a spectaular site.

i don't know if i have ever had a more beautiful, scenic boat ride than the one down to the pitons. it really is a spectaular site.

Attachments

• DSC04366-32.jpg
    DSC04366-32.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC04347-32.jpg
    DSC04347-32.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 50
Yes, but the diving is all inclusive. If they have the same boat as when I was there, it’s a 1/2 hour down to the pitons. Not that terrible.
Exactly. 20 minutes to Anse Cochons which is where we did the first 2 dives and about 35 minutes to the Pitons. I did not feel like it was too long, though we did joke that they needed Rum Punch for the trip back!

You stayed at Rendezvous? I was the resort instructor there in 1995. Lincoln was working in the water sports shop then. Mary Mathurin was my DM, she became an instructor while there, but I haven’t kept up….
Wow. :D. I love this. He was awesome.

Wow. :D. I love this. He was awesome.
Who was your boat driver? Boy Blue was the driver when I was there. I took him through DM.

A young guy - I think his name was Danny. We just called him Captain.

Just got home from St Lucia, stayed 30 days in a Condo at Rodney Bay centrally located between Marina & Mall.
Dove 12 trips with Scuba Steve's/Dive St Lucia A Great outfit, Vernessa is the manager very well organized Romanis was Skipper most of the time, Dwight sometimes Skipper sometimes Dive guide along with Neal, Jonathon, Calvin, & Alton all very knowledgeable and very personable. the furthest North we dove was Anse Cochon the farthest South was Coral Gardens which is South of the Pitons and everything in between. Favorite sites was Supermans Flight, Fairyland,The Pinnacles, Coral Gardens , and Anse Chastanet. Down side 45-60 min boat ride one way. But a scenic ride. The Lucians are very enjoyable people.

A person does not have to be staying in Rodney Bay to Dive with Scuba Steve/Dive St Lucia we picked Divers up at different docks in Marina at resorts like St James & Calabash and from the docks in Castries

Sounds great. I remember the strong vertical reef wall at part of the Fairyland dive site from years ago. As I recall it was a really neat site. Just had 2 dives on a cruise ship stop (with Scuba Steve's, which I liked).

Did you do any rainforest hikes or other excursions? St. Lucia is such a lush, beautiful island.

Of note, marine life over there is somewhat unusual. On the plus side, crustaceans are very abundant and variable. Lots of huge clinging crabs, spotted lobsters, banded red lobsters, small shrimp like Pederson's and golden cleaning etc. Many Spotted morays and numerous Flying Gurnards in the shallows, I've never seen that many anywhere else. I counted 7 of the one day when snorkeling. Octopus, sea horses, frogfish were found too. There were some rarities, like I found a Golden Hamlet for the 1st time, though Newmann & DeLoach's book claims they are absent in the south Caribbean. On the down side, there are almost no angelfish there. Can you imagine a Caribbean reef with no angelfish? In 15 dives, I counted just 1 Queen and 1 French, both semi-juveniles, and maybe couple of Rock Beauties. Weird...Also, no Green morays, no groupers larger than 1 ft and no large parrotfish like Rainbow or Midnight. Sea turtles were few and they were very, very shy. Normally, I'd approach a turtle slowly to shooting distance and most ignore me or turn away slowly; I never chaise them. But this one turtle at St Lucia ran for her life when she saw me. I've never seen a turtle swimming so fast, must be a world record. Someone scared her to death previously.

Back
Top Bottom