St lucia Dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bashaw77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading to St Lucia in February. We're staying in the Rodney Bay vicinity. I like dive Boats with a few divers 8-12 not a tour catamaran with 40 people aboard. What is everyone's experience in that area and what Dive Shops do you recommend.

we have only been to st lucia once. were diving with Dive Fair Helen. they were great. even gave us a homemade lunch between dives.

not sure if they are still around or if they would pick up at your location. you will be on the north end f the island. we were in Marigot Bay.

What did you decide? We are headed to St. Lucia as well - but we are NEW divers. Will be doing our check out dives there.

I'm going to be there for a month, so far I booked 10 dives with Scuba Steve's Dive St Lucia.
I may dive with other outfits, but the info I got from Scuba Steve, it sounds like what i want.

When will you be there?

Looking like the first week of March. We are looking at Island Divers and Dive Fair Helen so far.

I went to St Lucia in August and like most trips I would look for a dive shop when I get to the area and look around. This trip it did not work with. Most shops who is affiliated with a resort said you must stay in the same resort as the shop. I was staying in a B&B with no dive shop. There was 1 dive shop by the titones which was not affiliated which was booked up.

Thanks for that. That is VERY helpful. We ended up booking at a resort...I know....not my usual style!
Can't wait. Diving once you are certified is part of the package- we will just need our check out dives and then, are ready to go.

Thanks for that. That is VERY helpful. We ended up booking at a resort...I know....not my usual style!
Can't wait. Diving once you are certified is part of the package- we will just need our check out dives and then, are ready to go.
Please post a report when you are back. I went to st Lucia twice. stayed at Anse Chastanet resort. Their dive shop is amazing. Shore diving was also a big plus. The guy in my avatar, I have been looking for all over the place, but found it 100 feet from the pier in St Lucia… you never know.
Have a great vacation.

stayed at Anse Chastanet resort. Their dive shop is amazing. Shore diving was also a big plus.
Since people researching St. Lucia as a dive destination may use this thread, let me ask you a couple of questions to confirm or deny the impression I've gotten from other discussions.

1.) The shore diving in St. Lucia requires a dive guide, yes? It's not like Bonaire where you just gear up and walk in on your own?

2.) Anse Chastanet if pretty pricy. The shore diving was at Anse Castanet, so if you're not staying there, it's probably not something you'll be doing? Wonder if there's shore diving elsewhere on the island?

Richard.

When my wife and me went to St Lucia and could not dive. I did have some amazing snorkeling. Some of my best creature finding moments that topped many of my dives. We stayed down the road from sugar Beach so we went to sugar beach for 4 days. That was awesome. The beach resort was being refurbished and we and a very few others has the entire beach to ourselves. Having a top 10 ten beach to my self was awesome and snorkeling was fantastic.

hit the space bar to play the video, it does not start by itself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom