Question St. Lucia Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless they changed their policy we had divers we us that were not staying at the resort. Attached is from their website.
Yes, I saw that on their website. Going on that information, I had booked my whole trip, doing the dive booking last since I assumed the website was correct. However, when I sent off the booking request, they emailed back and said I had to be a guest of either of those hotels to take me diving. Had to cancel the plane ticket, the apartment rental, and the car. I was bummed...still am, because it's a place I want to dive, but those resorts are high end and charge double for a single in a room.

Maybe an "Invasion" or a "Surge" could be suggested in St. Lucia:wink:

Yes, I saw that on their website. Going on that information, I had booked my whole trip, doing the dive booking last since I assumed the website was correct. However, when I sent off the booking request, they emailed back and said I had to be a guest of either of those hotels to take me diving. Had to cancel the plane ticket, the apartment rental, and the car. I was bummed...still am, because it's a place I want to dive, but those resorts are high end and charge double for a single in a room.

Maybe an "Invasion" or a "Surge" could be suggested in St. Lucia:wink:
That sucks, they must have changed their policy and not update the website. We were there October 2021 and we had divers from other resorts diving with us but everybody was still hurting from Pandemic closers so probably taking anything they could get.

I just made a booking with Scuba St. Lucia (Feb 2023) and I am not staying at AC resort or Jade Mountain, their partner resorts. My understanding is that non-guests must book ahead on a space available basis. Thanks to the prior poster's heads up about non-guest availability, I checked their availability first before doing my other bookings! I booked about 3 weeks ahead for early March timing. So far, Charles at Scuba St. Lucia has been exceptionally responsive on email and easy to book with.

Their non-guest aka non-resident day package info page is here: Non-Resident Divers | Scuba St Lucia | PADI 5 Star Dive Resort

I'm planning on trying to dive with Chester at Action Adventure one day to check him out as well, but I had emailed him and hadn't hear back after several days. I've read on other review boards that he's more casual i.e. stop by when you're there to arrange, vs. email ahead. I needed to have some confirmed dives, so have done that with Scuba St. Lucia, but i hope to dive with Action Adenture as well.

For other planning reference, we are staying at Paradise Hotel Paradise Hotel St.Lucia – Discover A Different Experience (very responsive on email) and renting a car from Shaneboy's Jeep Rental in Soufriere, recommended by the hotel - contact on WhatsApp at +17587184846, also very responsive. Hotel is arranging airport transfer, and Shaneboy's will drop off/pickup rental car from hotel and arrange for (required) international driving permit if you need it.

I'll report back!

I have dived with Scuba St. Lucia several times and can recommend them, but I have always stayed at AC. Note that its a slog to get there if you are not resident.

Just back from St. Lucia - we stayed in Soufiere (Green Fig Resort), we rented a car (the drive is 10 mins of crazy potholes, blind turns, very steep inclines, and driving on the UK side of the road/car). But we drove to Scuba St. Lucia at Anse Chastanet/Jade Mountain from our other hotel and had 4 days of lovely diving. Can confirm they take folks not just from AC and JM and we had a great time. Desk staff was disorganized and checking in every morning felt stressful but the dive experiences were lovely and worth it. Will do a trip report on the other areas and shops we used, but this thread was helpful in planning our trip so wanted to respond here.

Action Adventures is who our hotel said they recommend (but don’t book for - Wed have to contact directly) but they never responded to any emails or outreach. Saw their outpost on the beach but it was always closed (shrug).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom