St. Kitts vs St. Croix vs Antigua vs Bermuda vs Marsh Harbour Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clazie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of miles and got a thing saying I could get reduced airmile deals for these places. Any suggestions on where to go? I know each place probably has its positives and negatives but I wanted to get opinions on these places. Also I am looking at going during July or possibly in September.

Thanks in Advance

-Clazie

Been to St. Croix. It is GREAT. Pretty much anywhere in the BVI is wonderful. St. Croix has one of the best walls in the Caribbean. Also, one of the deepest. St. Croix pretty much has everything you will want. Everything is beach diving too... so once you get there you are pretty much set.

Never been to any of these locations but have been thinking hard about doing all the Bermuda wrecks.

I dove 2 wrecks in St. Croix. They are right across from each other. They are GREAT!!

Last question, should I go in July or September. I can go cheaper in September but if July is a much better month then I will take that into a consideration.

September is cheaper because of Hurricane Season. But both should be fine.

I've dove Antigua and enjoyed it. The diving on the southeast coast is better than the rest of the island. Antigua is out of the normal hurricane track, so if you opt for July or early September it might be a safer bet. You can also

Antigua is out of the normal hurricane track, so if you opt for July or early September it might be a safer bet.

Hurricanes have a "normal track"? No such thing. Although it may seem like some islands get hit more often than others, that's just bad luck. They can happen anywhere in the zone.

This is the definition of the hurricane zone:

"The area between 12 degrees 40 minutes North & 23 degrees 30 minutes North Latitude & 55 degrees West to 85 degrees West Longitude for the duration of 1st July to 30th November inclusive."

Which puts Antigua pretty much smack in the middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom