St. Croix Treasures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dredging is scheduled to start 27th of March, but understand that it is in cruzan time, so sometime in early April might be realistic. Another great treasure lost to politics.

CobaltDiver....

Yes and no.....I don't call it politics, I call it survival.

I noticed you are from STX as well, so, you should know as well as everyone here that this island isn't in too great of shape. They NEED the tourism. A cruise ship pier is built for what exactly? CRUISE SHIPS. It sucks that it is a great diving area, too, however, we have locals here that need that tourism dollar to feed families and get off the streets. There are many great diving areas on this island......if they would have MAINTAINED the pier to begin with, there wouldn't be any discussion/politics over this at all.

Maybe it will cut down on some of the F'sted (and even C'sted) crime. Everything is shut down in F'sted.....that used to be such a great town "back in the day". I say dredge, if it is going to breathe some life back into the town. At this point, it is a matter of survival for the people that were here before us mainlanders.

Now....NO HIJACKING the thread to talk politics.......what else have people found?

I recently found lots of the shards....called cheney. I'm going to have the perfect bracelet made....I can just tell.

Mermaid, just saw this old post.

The potshards used to just litter the beach north of the pier all the way up to the country club. Sorry to hear that F'sted is all shut down.

I found this old bottle in Charlotte Amalie while helping to set an anchor before a possible hurricane. I have no idea what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom