St. Croix and Cane Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smithee68

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all, I heading to St. Croix this monday and doing some diving with Cane Bay... any recommendation dives/ things to do. Also and dry stuff to do?? thanks

I was there several years ago. I would highly recommend renting a car and taking a tour of the interior of the island. I especially remember the pigs that drank beer out of the bottle. It was somewhere in the middle of the island in the rain forest portion of the island. There is also a park in the rain forest that is worth checking out. Worth the drive.

Cane Bay is a nice place to dive. They have a super wall there and good inshore coralheads with a lot of marine life. When you dive Cane Bay, go straight out from the boat ramp to find the optimum entry point for the wall.

Frederiksted pier is also to be recommended. I've done dives there day and night on various occasions and have never come away disappointed. You likely won't see anything big there, but the small stuff more than compensates. Possible to stay down two hours if you are good on air.

If you decide to do any boat dives, I can recommend Anchor Dive at Salt River. Good people and competitive rates.

Shorediving.com has a number of other shore dives to consider while you are on STX.

Have a great time!

I used Anchor Dive as well and was very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom