SSI Adv. OWD requirments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Saint-Petersburg, Russain Federation, Baltic Sea a
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello.
I have a next certificates:
PADI Open Water,
PADI Dry Suit,
PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy,
SSI Enriched AIR Nitrox 40,
SSI Ice Diving,
+more 100 dives (250+),
and DAN BLS+First Aid (expired)
and I want to go to the next SSI certification step.
How i can recognize next step is SSI Advanced Open Water Diver.
But no representative can tell me what next steps I should take
What requirements do I have to meet these certificate?

There is an area in SSI's ODiN, where courses from other agencies can be added, as most courses from other agencies will transfer, especially the courses you have taken. You will need the cards present when it is filled out, so that they need to have the card#, instructor & certification date. If the staff at the shop doesn't know where the area to add the courses from the other agencies is, they can call SSI & get that information, so they can fill it out.

and remember....the ssi advanced diver certification is not a "course". it is only a level of recognition that you took 4 specialties and have more than 24 dives.
if i were you i would do my ssi stress and rescue and then apply for the master diver recognition level.

and remember....the ssi advanced diver certification is not a "course". it is only a level of recognition that you took 4 specialties and have more than 24 dives.
if i were you i would do my ssi stress and rescue and then apply for the master diver recognition level.
Thank your. I'll just take a course and fill out the information on new cards. And will contact with SSI directly

Hello.
I have a next certificates:
PADI Open Water,
PADI Dry Suit,
PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy,
SSI Enriched AIR Nitrox 40,
SSI Ice Diving,
+more 100 dives (250+),
and DAN BLS+First Aid (expired)
and I want to go to the next SSI certification step.
How i can recognize next step is SSI Advanced Open Water Diver.
But no representative can tell me what next steps I should take
What requirements do I have to meet these certificate?

Download the MySSI app if you dont already have it installed > logged in > press the three bars in the upper right corner of the app then select "Program & Cards" > Press the "Tables" tab at the top > Scroll down to the "Pathway Posters" section. Check out the Scuba Pathway, XR Pathway, Training Pathway Scuba and Extended Range (XR) pathway posters...

This should give you a good idea on what to look at going for next.
Your SSI shop should also have a version of these posters somewhere in their facility.

The requirments that will need to be met will be depenant on what course you choose to take next. As long as you have been filling out your logbook and can present your C-cards for your other non-SSI certs...There shouldnt be much you cant just right into.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom