SS vs. Delrin spool;

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS:
If enough people want one maybe he'll go back in production, $45 sounds a lot better than getting a sculpture to do it. They are nice though.

http://www.stealthdive.com/spool/spool.html

I could borrow the welder and get help for free. AFTER, we drove to N.C. to pick up the TIG welder my dad feels he owes my sculptor friend for the TR4 and a half we took out of his wifes 3rd story Brooklyn loft because she was pissed off about him becoming addicted to cargo dock strip bars and threatening to have it hauled away,it would still cost $600.00 labor for ME to make. Its like when we used to wonder how long it would take six or seven of us to build the Brooklyn bridge by hand. This used to be a fun town. Before the purse stores and shoe stores and sweater stores. Oh....sorry about that. About the spool; yeah, they look nice, but if they're not "better" in some way, maybe its just a vanity purchase. Still....... Anyway, I e-mailed the guy re what you said.

I would think they would sink more as you're deploying the thing - the beauty of Delrin is you can let it go, let it unspool as it just hovers there, and when the bag hits the surface, grab the spool... SS would just sink.

I don't know what the advantages are, but I do see disadvantages.

I kind of like the idea of a SS spool, after I sat on the crappy Dive Rite spool I had this weekend, while gearing up and smashed it with my tank, snapping it.

grunzster:
I kind of like the idea of a SS spool, after I sat on the crappy Dive Rite spool I had this weekend, while gearing up and smashed it with my tank, snapping it.
I just purchased two machined delrin spools from http://www.cnsales.net/gulftexproductshome.htm for only $20.00 per spool with either 60, 80, or 120 ft of line, an awesome deal if you ask me. Just thought I would send out the good word.

I've seen broken Delrin spools.
I've never seen a broken SS spool.

I plan on replacing my delrin spools this winter.
to me it seems that SS is much more dependable.

You know how it goes, the one time you really need it you'll find it broken.

Tavi:
I've seen broken Delrin spools.
I've never seen a broken SS spool.

I plan on replacing my delrin spools this winter.
to me it seems that SS is much more dependable.

You know how it goes, the one time you really need it you'll find it broken.

Where are you getting them?

Back
Top Bottom