SRP Arms with Torch Mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300winmag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at getting the "SRP Arms with Torch Mounts" but my lights are 2lb each and bodies are 40mm thick. I am not sure if the bendable arms can handle this kind of load without falling down or if the mounts are big enough to hold a 40mm light. I have emailed SRP to ask but I would like some of your opinions as well as other options.
I am either going to make my own tray like SRP's or just order it with the arms if they can support the weight and size of the bodies.

EDIT: Got an email confirming the lights are to heavy for the arms so it looks like I need to come up with a way to mount my lights to the top of my handles.

Last edited:
Merxlin: Apparently you haven't been following "FrugalQuest". What you are suggesting would exceed the cost of his lights.

300winmag: Might as well hit the hardware store and pick up some pvc fittings, aluminum bar stock, and stainless bolts. The lights will cradle nicely in a split pvc tee with velcro strapping to hold them in place. Remember the lights really don't need adjustability as the field of view doesn't change so there is no reason for the lights to be moveable. Jump rope handles are easily repurposed into grips.

In that case, use silicone snorkel keepers PVC Snorkel Keeper- About $2 and they stretch very easily to hold most small lights. Just put the end of the light in one opening, wrap it around the grip, then put the base of the light in the other opening (just like a snorkel) . They should hold the lights to the grips very nicely. That's what I use for my focus light on my P&S camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom