Springs for DIY Spring Straps in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikey0929

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am attempting to locate a source in Canada for the 0.062"x11" springs for spring straps in Canada. I am finding McMaster Carr is the only place. Is there somewhere local I can get them or if not, has anyone had experience in duty/shipping from McMaster Carr to Canada?

Thanks a lot!

Mike

I have used them and they shipped by way of a branch in Canada. That way there was no duty. I had read that they weren't shipping to us anymore, don't know if it's true.

ron_cooper:
I had read that they weren't shipping to us anymore, don't know if it's true.
Its true.......................

If it's true, it must be since this winter. I ordered springs from them in January or
February. No duty for me either.

jiveturkey:
If it's true, it must be since this winter. I ordered springs from them in January or
February. No duty for me either.
This is the response I got from them on Mar 14, 2006 when I ask them to confirm or deny the rumour.

Jeff,

We no longer sell to private individuals in Canada. We accept orders from some long-established customers (large manufacturers, universities, etc.)

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

Katie

Mikey0929:
I am attempting to locate a source in Canada for the 0.062"x11" springs for spring straps in Canada. I am finding McMaster Carr is the only place. Is there somewhere local I can get them or if not, has anyone had experience in duty/shipping from McMaster Carr to Canada?

Thanks a lot!

Mike
You might want to try these guys. http://www.spaenaur.com/

Jeff,

I looked at their website but didn't see what I'm looking for on there... have you purchased these springs from them?

Thanks,
Mike

Mikey0929:

Thanks a lot!

Mike

Mike,
If you want we can combine our order and I will reship to you. This way their minimum order will not be an obstacle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom